Saturday, May 11, 2013

#48: Rival Turf!

Oh good, a Jaleco game.
Rival Turf started off by asking me to pick if I wanted to play as a pretty white boy or a more brawly looking black dude named Oozie Nelson. I went with Oozie! The game didn't show me the plot, but a quick look on Wikipedia indicates the pretty boy's girlfriend was kidnapped by some thugs and he enlisted the help of his police officer friend Oozie. The game itself is a beat-em-up.

Piledriver!
This game is pretty much identical to Final Fight. The plot is the same. The character choices are the same. The buttons are the same. There was a dagger I could pick up and throw, just like in Final Fight. There was a trash can to break with a food health boost in it, just like in Final Fight. The game sucks, just like Final Fight.
Genie!
Except this game is slightly worse. There are fewer moves to do when grappling. The first boss seemed really hard, because he had a sword that he'd drop. While he had the sword I could easily beat him up. But when the sword fell to the ground my attack button became the 'pick up the sword' button and he'd kill me while I was bent over picking up the sword. It was frustrating. if I wanted to play Final Fight, I'd go play Final Fight. Not the bad clone. You suck, Jaleco.

Rating: D-

No comments:

Post a Comment