Saturday, February 15, 2014

#88: Battle Clash

PEW PEW!
Battle Clash is a game that requires the use of a Super Scope. My emulator crashes when I try to set it to Super Scope mode, and I wasn't able to find my own Super Scope from 22 years ago, and even if I did I don't have a CRT TV, and even if I did I don't have a copy of this game...

GUIDO!
All of which is to say... I can't play this game. I never played this game as a kid, so I really don't have a whole lot to say. But it's a game in the SNES library, so it deserves a post.

Jabba the Hutt!
I did some reading on Wikipedia and apparently this game came out in the US before it did in Japan which is an interesting twist on the way games normally went. The Japanese release had a much better name: Super Bazooka!

The game itself is a mech combat game. You're in a team of two. The AI controls your mech movement and you control the mech guns with your Super Scope. You need to optimally decide between using rapid fire attacks or charging up your next shot, and you need to choose if you want to damage the enemy or shoot down their incoming attacks.

It actually sounded like it could have been fun.

Rating: INC

No comments:

Post a Comment