Saturday, November 9, 2013

#74: Super Play Action Football

Foosball is for the DEVIL!
I want to like SNES era football games. I have memories of playing one of the Madden games, and actually feeling like I was playing football. This game has an NFL license (but not an NFLPA one, so the players are all numbers) but just made me frustrated. It felt like football in that there was a large amount of downtime between plays but I didn't know how to control the game. I even went so far as to go to gamefaqs to find a control summary and it still didn't help...
Playbook!
My first play from scrimmage seemed to be a triple reverse? I kept handing off the ball as my team kept running backwards. Eventually I was sacced for -18 yards. My second play was a 109 yard field goal attempt because clearly I don't understand what the pictures meant. Barry Sanders #20 then ran the ball in for a touchdown the other way. I then proceeded to get sacced again, try a pitch play that resulted in a fumble, get sacced again, and then actually manage to throw a pass! To the other team for a pick 6.
TOUCHDOWN!
I then turned the game off. I played about a minute and a half of game time, probably 6 minutes of real time, and just ended up super frustrated. Maybe this is a decent game with wonky controls that can be worked out with time and effort. I'm not feeling good and really don't want to spend time or effort on this mediocre game. Nintendo has published some real sports stinkers so far in this little adventure. They need to move onto the Mario series of sports games real quick!

Rating: F-

No comments:

Post a Comment