Saturday, July 13, 2013

#57: The Rocketeer

Disney!
I know The Rocketeer was a movie that came out when I was a kid, but I've never seen it. I thought I must have played the game, but I didn't recognize it at all. Maybe I played the NES one? I don't know. I feel like I would have remembered playing this game before, because the first level is so terrible I couldn't keep playing to see the next one.
CAW!
I'm a guy who wants to use a jetpack. But the guy with the jetpack won't let me use it until I can win two airplane races. Which involve flying around an oval track that has no depth, so it's a lot like a straight line. I can fly into the endpoints of the line if I'm not careful, but since I have no concept of depth I don't know how close I'm going to get to the marker. I did the 10 lap race probably 8 times, finally winning on the 8th time. But then it made me keep going. The intro said I had to win two races, I guess it meant the same race twice. Unlucky for me.
VICTORY!
The music in the game sounded like it could have been good. I'm assuming it came from the movie and I'm sure it was good there. But whoever they put in charge of adapting it to the SNES did a terrible, terrible job. I liked the comic style cutscenes, but the actual game graphics were bad. The worst part? The game just wasn't fun. And a game that isn't fun is a game you should turn off. So I did.

Rating: F

No comments:

Post a Comment