Saturday, February 9, 2013

#35: Super Scope 6

AKA: Blastris/LazerBlazer
This is the game that came bundled with the Super Scope accessory. The NES had a pistol add-on, the SNES took it up a step by having a shoulder mounted rocket launcher add-on. Reading about the science behind the Super Scope is interesting. And pretty much all I can do, since I can't possible play the game. The emulator I'm using crashed when I tried to turn on the Super Scope mode. I used to own this game, and actually went looking for it, but the Wiki article makes it clear that even if I had found it I wouldn't be able to play it. The Super Scope requires a CRT television and I don't have one of those.

PEW PEW!
I do remember playing the game, a lot, as a kid. Even though I wear glasses which made it tricky to use the eyepiece it was a lot of fun. It's called Super Scope 6 because the cartridge had 6 different, though similar, games to play. One of them was whack-a-mole!

I'm actually disappointed that I can't play the game because I remember liking it. But I don't have a CRT tv and have no plans to ever get one. I don't feel like it makes sense to assign a grade to this game if I can't give it a spin, so it gets the first incomplete grade of this little adventure.

Rating: INC

No comments:

Post a Comment