Saturday, December 1, 2012

#25: True Golf Classics: Waialae Country Club

Looks like the Rebel Alliance logo. Or BAT-MAN!
It may surprise people to learn that I think this game may be my most played SNES game. It's certainly in the top 5. I didn't have many friends as a kid and I spent most of my days after school around the time this game came out at my friend Mathieu's place. We'd play games every day. A lot of hockey games, but even more golf. This golf game. You could create characters and track stats over many, many plays. I think we got pretty good at it.
High score wins in golf, right?
I am no longer very good at it. And I no longer like it at all. It's a little laggy. It's very punishing when choosing swing power in that it wraps around from full to empty. So I kept hitting the ball a couple feet instead of hundreds of yards. Putting gave a good hill map thing, but was laggy to bring it up.

I found I didn't remember the holes, despite having played it so much, and didn't care that I didn't remember them. It wasn't very fun so I stopped playing as soon as I fell to last place on the leaderboard. Which I believe took all of two holes. It was a fine game for the time but I have absolutely no desire to play it anymore.

Rating: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment